User must have a DCAM Level 1 system connected to DCAM Level 2.
- Submit orders no later than 1400 hours local time.
- Download status files (Status.Z) daily, no later than 1000 hours local
time. Status.Z files are overwritten daily.
DCAM Level 1 customers must download the status file from DCAM
Level 2 customers before DCAM Level 2 customers download Status.Z files
from DMLSS. This allows DCAM Level 1 customers to obtain the status of
orders submitted the previous day to DCAM Level 2 customers.
The most common status codes are (code description):
- BA: Item is being processed for shipment (item is ready
for pickup or on the way)
- BB: Item is back ordered (against due-in stock)
- BD: Requisition is delayed for review [referred out for
review by the Item Manager: order exceeded the maximum release
quantity (MRQ), order non-stocked item, item under issue control,
item not authorized per the formulary]
- BM: Requisition has been passed (to another supplier)
- B9: Cancellation [result of customer submitting an AC1 action,
requesting cancellation from the supplier]
- CA: Rejected [Entire order requirement was cancelled by the supplier]
- CJ: Rejected, item code obsolete or inactivated
If a status is not received within two days after submitting the A0A order, process follow-up actions through DCAM > Orders menu > Document Register for all items without status or call the local customer support representative.
- Receipts are processed within 24 hours of receiving items if operational tempo allows. When the receipt is processed, DCAM will generate a notification of receipt (DRA) transaction that will display in the Working Orders module. Do not delete this transaction. Send the DRA(s) with the next Transfer orders or Export process.
- At a minimum, the following actions should be taken in the timelines indicated:
- Process Backup daily [the copy of the backup should be stored on external media and safeguarded against damage or loss]
- Download supplier files at least weekly
- Download Status daily
- Reconcile active due-ins against suppliers active due-out lists monthly to clear out erroneous data